Friday, September 28, 2007

Out running errands...

but on the side of the road..at a little abandon building, is where we ended up. As I pulled into the empty parking lot, she looks out the window and asks where we are..she sees me grab my camera..and a huge sigh, a groan like no other comes from the backseat. "Mom..No, no pictures!" I promise her just a few..and promise an ice cream cone afterwards. Ice cream is her favorite, so the thought of enduring a few minutes of misery seems tolerable if at the end, there is soft serve in a cone. We get out, she's looking around, there's dirt on the ground, ants crawling..people are driving by and honking..she embarrassed. The looks that she is giving me are either, forced, fake grins..or looks of pure pain..I'm getting aggravated because she won't cooperate..I try for a few more, and then give up. We leave, and get the ice cream, as she is happily licking her vanilla cone..she says "thanks mom...we had fun, do you think you got any good ones?" My reply.."Yes, Sayler..we had a blast..and every picture I take of you is a good one." She smiles. She takes another lick of her ice cream..and I lick mine..and then, we head towards home.











Doesn't this shot just scream.."This is so fun..I'm having the best time ever!!"

12 comments:

carin davis said...

That last picture makes me laugh!!!

#4 is GORGEOUS! I love the warm backlight! Beautiful image!

Michelle said...

LOL! yes, that shot definitely spoke to me...maybe not THOSE words! hehe. these are beautiful, even if you did have to bribe, beg and plead.

laura vegas said...

so my kids aren't the only ones that act like that when the camera comes out? lol!

gorgeous photos ... and a gorgeous daughter!

Laureen said...

megan, I just can't get enough of these pictures of her...they're awesome! I put you on my blog roll.

Amanda said...

megan,
these are fab! I lovelovelove the one of Say on the fence! Great job with the flare!

Holly said...

Well, I'd say it was worth the ice cream cone. These are amazing! I'm with Amanda - lovin' the one of her on the fence. I've gotta try this sun flare thing!

Shelley said...

Love your little commentaries almost as much as your pictures. She sounds so much like my Hannah when it comes to pictures :P

Laura said...

She NEEDS to be a model, but you need to be her photographer. You guys make an awesome team! Love the b&w's and the fence pic.

And I have some of those exact same type of looks of that last picture. Gotta love it.

Tracey Kendall said...

lol....i to have seen that look for to many times. Your kids are priceless. I need to get mine out for a family photo shoot. Maybe this weekend, You have inspired me once again.

Ren said...

Omgosh... I was expecting some scary outtakes. These are fantastic! I would never have known she wasn't into it. Definitely worth the icecream.

Toni said...

my goodness!! those eyes, that flare... BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! love em!

Jess said...

Your daughter is beautiful. I love her freckles and the hair. I love checking your blog to see what you have captured lately.

Jess