Monday, July 21, 2008

I've been tagged...

to list 7 quirky things about me by one of my photography friends...the unbelievably talented Jackie Cooper..go check her out..she'll leave you speechless...So, 7 quirky things..not sure all of the these fall into the "quirky" category but..7 things about me none the less...

1. I am obsessed with Ellen DeGeneres..OBSESSED I tell ya..she is just so flippin' funny..just love her..everything about her..I TIVO her show..and lay in bed at night and watch it in the peace of my bedroom...If I could meet anyone in Hollywood, I think I'd pick her..now I'm sure that has some of you scratching your heads..why?? I don't know?? I just know..if she could meet me..we'd be (as Raygan would say BFF)..LOL..

My favorite part of the show..is of course the opening when she dances...just so fun..we often crank up the music in our house...the other day, as I was dancing around the kitchen..Ray said "Mom..stop, you look like Ellen!" My thoughts.."YES! That's exactly what I was going for..."

Check her out...and then admit it...Ellen Rocks!





And this has to be one of my all time favorite Ellen moments...it's kinda long, but worth the watch..




Now tell me that's not funny..I've watched it SO many times..and I nearly pee my pants every time..she makes me smile..feel happy...

One of my best buds loves her just as much as I do...and we've talked about going to see her show...One day Julie Jules, just me and you....we'll make that fat trip to LA..just for Ellen...

Alright..if you can stand one more clip..here's another..I laughed so hard I was crying..funny stuff..



Please girls..tell me I'm not the only one who finds this chic hilarious...

Wow, that was a pretty long #1...moving on...

2. I'm loving anything Pomegranate at the moment...have been on this kick for awhile now..pomegranate candles, lotions~soaps, drinking POM juice all of the time..even bought some pomegranate jelly beans the other day..yumm-o..I'm also hooked on anything Blueberry..for awhile..I was eating blueberry lollipops about 5 a day..vanilla and blueberry swirl..nothing better..

3. I LOVE the smell of play-doh. I'm not sure why..I think it brings back memories of being a child..no worries..just the days of deciding whether or not to play Candy Land or Chutes and Ladders was the big question of the day..I love to play it with my little ones..making snails, pea pots..good times..

4. I've mentioned this before..but it's just so classic..that I have to mention it again for all of your new blog readers..when I was a tween, I painted my teeth with red finger nail polish..Honestly, I don't know what possessed me to do such, other than being a twelve year old, only child, who got bored easily, but here are the details as I remember. I was in the bathroom and I noticed a bottle of bright red polish. Now, I don't really remember what prompted the thought of painting my teeth, and I don't even really remembering doing it..you know, how you get in the car and drive from point A to B, and really don't know how you got to your destination..but somehow you managed to get there. Well, that's what sort of happened..I saw the polish, the next thing I know..BAM! My teeth are painted red! I remember getting out the hair dryer and holding it in front of my teeth, waiting for them to dry. Once dried, I sat there starring into the mirror and admiring my cherry red teeth, and thought.."I'm going to go smile at my mom..man, this is gonna be good!" I walked out into the living room, looked at my mom, and then flashed my shiny red teeth at her. She was like, what the..? I remember laughing hysterically and being grilled by her as to why, what, how? After I had my fun, I needed to get it off..so..I saturated cotton balls with nail polish remover and rubbed it over my teeth..came right off..and I had my pearly whites once again. Too bad I don't have photo to accompany this little story..

5. When I get into the car, I buckle my seat belt..then unbuckle..and buckle again..pull on it..just to make sure it latched..

6. I am a sucker for a new product..anything new excites me..new lotion, make-up, house cleaners, a new food product..when i see a commercial for something..I can't rest until I find it..drives my husband CrAzY..my newest find..fall in love product was this...Mr. Clean Magic Erasers infused with Febreeze scents..two of my favorite products..merged together to become one..it's one good smelling cleaning machine..I get kinda giddy when I have to use them...oh my gosh..so laughing out loud..just kidding folks..but I really do like them..it's the little things in life that make me happy..

7. I have to admit..I'm a bit scattered. I can't keep track of my things..always losing my ATM cards, my keys..and I have a terrible sense of direction. I can't go anywhere with out plugging the address into navigation in the car..I've lived in Orlando all my life..but am still clueless as to what road takes you where..I've been down a few back alleys..but in the end...I always manage to get there..and on the flip side..I have a awesome memory..I remember the things people say, birthdays, phone numbers..details of events as if they happened yesterday...I guess i remember the things worth remembering...

And while I'm in a sharing mood..a few other things that I love..the smell of pineapple, sleeping while it rains, corona w/ lime, great friends, skinny lattes, jason mraz, candles buring in the evening, laughing until it hurts, the smell of sunscreen on my kids sandy shoulders, watching my toddlers grow into the best of friends, oreos, true religion jeans, freckles sprinkled across my kids faces..all of these things make my heart happy..and make life worth living...

Alright, now to tag 6 more people..hmmmmm..let me see..

Carin Amanda Julie Carrie Jess and last but certainly not least...Michelle L.

Have fun girlies..can't wait to read all about your quirks...

m~


11 comments:

Laura said...

I really loved this post and I am fairly new reader.

I love tivo. I love new products too. I also love True Religion jeans.

I am trying to copy your pictures in your header. I bought strawberries and watermelon but I doubt my twins will look at me. I think I will have to use an old barn... no red fence here. Your pictures are stunning!

Julie Hudson said...

Oh, my word!! That was SO funny Megan! Yes, we will have to go to LA and stalk Ellen! Gray and I love to dance when she starts. I love it when she plays 'old school' music. (She always knows all the words, ya notice?) You should have put that one photo on here that you got of her at Universal, though it was far, you could still tell it was her! Oh, and POM juice is so darn good for you! The seat belt thing, I know you have OCD; don't all Moms? So funny...can you make me a blog? I love reading yours...love ya!!

laura vegas said...

i think ellen is hilarious! i don't watch that often ... but she does have a great show. and that video clip had me laughing so hard ... that lady was so funny!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness those Ellen clips were so funny! I laughed so hard I cried, thanks for sharing those :)

Anonymous said...

oh
my
word
you painted your teeth with nail polish!
LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love Ellen also, have you seen the video clip of the Hawaii chair on her show?? I about died laughing.

jackie said...

Hey Megan, loved reading this, so funny...

Carin Davis said...

have you tried lemon pomegranate mints from ice breakers...i LOVE them!!!!

i could hear your nail polish story every day!

i will post my list this week!!!!!

Jess said...

I love Ellen too maybe we should meet up when you go and the nail polish...funny!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Another huge Ellen fan here! She is so hilarious! I have to replay always for my hubby and kids and crack up every time!

Abbie Payge Photography said...

OMG! OMG! this was just the best night for me.....I am an Ellen nut! she makes me laugh out loud and the dancing is just icing on the cake. I never seem to find the time to sit down and watch her so this was a treat.