Sunday, April 13, 2008

Adler and the Beanstalk

About two weeks ago, Adler came home with a dixie cup with a tiny sprout in it. He was SO excited about his plant and couldn't wait to show everyone who walked into the house..not only did they get to see the plant, but they also got a full blown lesson how on it is that plants grow. He explained that he put a lima bean in the soil, watered it, and gave it plenty of sunshine..and LOVE..you have to give it love he would say...Well, we put it on the table, I thought we'd keep it a few days, he'd forget about it..and I'd pitch it. Not the case..He watered it daily..and it grew..and grew..and grew. I'll admit, I was tired of looking at it..and wanted to trash it, but every time I asked if he was done with it..always the same reply..he wanted it..so there it sat..on the middle of the dinner table. It eventually grew so tall that it started to droop, and the roots were out growing the little cup..and I could see the end was near FINALLY! I had to leave town for a competition with the girls..and when I returned..I saw that little beanstalk standing tall..My mother-in-law repotted it for him and put a stake in it..SO..it still sits on our dinner table, we still water it daily and we still hear how it needs water, sunlight..and of course LOVE!

(Look at all those little brusies on his leg in the last photo...so boy!)


16 comments:

Amanda said...

Okay - he is the coolest little green thumb ever! My kid's bean stalks have never even come close to his. Amazing! And the pictures are Awesome as usual! Love that first one! Soooo cute!!

Laureen said...

way too cute! Love how his toe is curled under in the 2nd shot!

Rachel Clare said...

Megan, I love your blog! Stumbled on it as I was cruising photoblogs... Your pics are dynamite! And, thank you for your post in October about increasing photo size as well as making a blogspot blog wider. I AM GRATEFUL!

Rachel Clare said...

Oh, but one question- how do you increase the Type size? This probably sound so dumb, but my blogger doesn't give me a choice- its all TINY. Any suggestions? (I use a MacBook... does that make a difference?)

Carin said...

oh...these are SO adorable!!!
the color and light are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute:)

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness that first shot is stellar!!! So sweet.

laura vegas said...

that is just too adorable! he is so proud of his little plant ... that is great that he has remembered to take such good care of it. i'd be the mom who would totally toss it when they weren't looking ... terrible, i know! lol! love that first shot!

Holly said...

Oh, I SO need to hire him! Seriously, I can't hardly keep a silk plant looking good - ha! Um, so we have a little plant sitting on our counter that is supposed to be growing (one of the kids brought it home from school). It's dying a fast little death!

Martha Bravo said...

adorable!! the first one is amazing, love it!

Kate said...

that is the cutest thing ever!!

Ellen said...

I love the name of your blog - and all the every day details you capture (ie: sidewalk chalk) that make up the whole of life.

Laurel E. Riffey said...

What a GREAT story and cute pics!

Mindy said...

So, that story is the sweetest thing ever...and these pictures melt my heart! I LOVE your blog!!! I am not sure if you even remember me from back in the twopeas learning days, but I am AMAZED at what a fabulous photographer you are. Your family is so cute, and your pictures are breathtaking!

Tracey Kendall said...

omgosh...this is perfect...need a say more :)

Tiffany said...

I love the last one most!!!! perfect composition!!! love it megan!!!